Kettering Wooden Boat Rally
Long weekend 8th, 9th & 10th February 2014
Enjoy Being Aboard a Weekend of Wooden Boats
The Kettering Yacht Club and the Wooden Boat Guild of Tasmania invite you to join in the third rally of wooden boats on the D’Entrecasteaux Channel.
Sailing vessels, motor boats and dinghies are all welcome to join the fun, but all participating vessels must have wood as their principal construction material.
This time we've added to the program:
- More relaxed starts for the Sunday sailing races (no more trying to find out what time to start - it'll all be published up front:-)
- We'll be joined by the craft and people from the Tawe Nunnugah Raid - small boats sailing around from Franklin over several nights.
- Rowing and paddling events on Saturday to link in with the Raid craft. Then you can also join in with the sailing on Sunday!
For the Sunday morning and afternoon sailing events starts will be in small groups at regular intervals - details will be in the sailing directions.
The Social side will be on again. There will be a Saturday evening meal and get together under canvas or in the
new KYC Clubhouse, and informal meals on Friday evening and Sunday lunchtime, also at the new KYC Clubhouse.
The Rally dinner and prizegiving will be held at the new clubhouse on Sunday evening. Numbers are limited, so early booking is the way to go.
Get a rally invitation and a rally entry form now.
In more detail:
On Water Programme
- Twilight race for early arrivals
- Derwent Class "Selection trials" prior to the World Championships at the Port Cygnet 150th Regatta
- More arrivals of larger boats
- Rowing and paddling – dinghies and canoes sail/row/paddle down to Peppermint Bay and then meet up with Tawe Nunnugah craft
- Pursuit sailing races for yachts
- Off the beach dingy sailing races
- Rowing dinghy events
- Parade of motoring boats
- Other class events subject to entries
- Sausage sizzle at the KYC Clubhouse after the twilight race
- Barbeque dinner at KYC commencing 6:30pm
- Sausage sizzle lunch at KYC from about 12:00
- Dinner & trophy presentations at KYC — from 7:00pm
- Mooring and launching
- Mooring and parking will be the responsibility of boat owners
- Some berths may be available on the outside of the Oyster Cove Marina wave attenuator
- Trailer launching facilities are available at Trial Bay for all sized boats and in front of the KCY clubhouse for small boats
|Support the Kettering Wooden Boat Rally Sponsors|
|Enjoy Being Aboard a Weekend of Wooden Boats|
Back to events page