What are the origins of the Tasmanian Piner’s Punt? For some time there have been opinions that it was used in the Huon whilst others claim it was designed and built by Doherty and his sons in Port Davey, Strahan, and subsequently became the Piner’s Punt of the West Coast Piners. Recently, Brian Marriott circulated…more...
About: Peter Higgs
Recent Posts by Peter Higgs
There was a great deal of team spirit preceding this Festival with many members giving of their time to prepare Terra Linna for the Australian Wooden Boat Festival. In particular I would like to identify 3 members who exceeded all expectations. Henry Dennison was most helpful in going aloft, during the absence of Pete who…more...
Recent Comments by Peter Higgs
- 24th May 2020 on Repairing the Mast of Terra Linna where it has delaminated.
- 23rd May 2020 on Repairing the Mast of Terra Linna where it has delaminated.
- 11th May 2020 on Little Green Dinghy
- 4th February 2020 on 6th Kettering Wooden Boat Rally Update 1 and Sailing Instructions
- 21st November 2019 on SL August Lady