The Guild’s fleet
The Guild’s fleet of boats comprises the Guild member restored boats Terra Linna and DAMAR and, as a new build, the Tee Poo Kana. Members are in the process of restoring the piner’s punt Gordon. In addition, the Guild has several dinghies worthy of restoration and which the Guild would like to relinquish to anyone who would take them on as their own projects.
The guild acted as a staging point in the rescue of three naval launches ex TS Mersey (Devonport). One of the Launches, a Montagu Whaler is now the Monty. This launch was taken on by the Living Boat Trust and after restoration at the Wooden Boat Centre was welcomed into their fleet in May 2017. The fate of the other two launches is not so clear, since their transfer to Stanley.
Additions to or disposals from the Guild fleet are based on the policy endorsed by the Guild Committee 18 August 2014.
Terra Linna circa 1880 Terra Linna, the oldest surviving yacht built in Tasmania, was restored…Read more
Teepookana is a replica of a traditional Tasmanian Piners' Punt. These punts were used by…Read more
Piners' Punt Gordon Gordon was a donation to the Wooden Boat Guild from Launceston in…Read more
'Tamar' class dinghies were common in Tasmania in the mid 20th century. In 1947 the…Read more